Home theaters are one of the coolest home add-ons you can bring to your space and they aren't expensive. They are perfect for the cozy night watching a movie or even a great space for your children's all-night sleepovers. We don't know about you, but we have no idea where to start in creating the perfect home theater.
So let's start before you even begin thinking about shopping.
In order to create a home theater, you need to ask yourself these questions:
- What size is the room you will use as your home theater?
- What wall will you mount your TV or projection screen on?
- What will be the primary use for the room? Movies, sports, video games or a mixed use room with all those things and more?
- What feel are you going for in the room? Movie theater or family room style?
- What pieces do you already have that you can use in the room?
Now that we have some of the most important elements of planning your home theater out of the way, Let's look at the must haves for any home theater:
- The Right Space : The ideal space for a home theater is 20 feet long by 13 feet wide and away from sleeping areas in your home.
- HDTV: More than likely you already have an HDTV, but if not it's time to get one. If your wall will allow maybe it's even time for an upgrade in size as well to get the full experience of your movies.
- Surround-Sound System: No home theater will be complete without a surround-sound system to give you that feeling of being atthe movies.
- Theater-Style Seating: For the true theater experience you want to install theater seating. You can use sectionals and sofas, but they will not give you that same theater feel. Theater seating comes in a wide variety of colors and styles to fit what you're looking for.
- Entertainment Center:If you are not wall mounting your TV or using a projection screen, using an entertainment center to house all your electronics can help givea clean look and feel to your home theater.
Now that you have everything planned out and know exactly what you need, the fun begins. Head to any of our 14 stores and we can help you find everything you need to complete your personal home theater today!